Projector hire: How to choose the right projector for your event
Today’s projectors are highly versatile and give you a powerful tool to present high-quality, visual and engaging presentations to wow your audience. Presentations get a powerful boost with the addition of a projector for your event. Unless you run a full-time event space, projector hire gives you a great way to use the latest, high-spec machines without investing in technology you will only occasionally need to use. Whether you are looking to run a movie night type event, or host a seminar, you can find a projector that is perfect for you.
There are many different kinds of machines available that are suitable for different situations and contents. If you’ve decided to hire a screen projector, read our tips to narrow down your search.
What to think about when you rent a projector
There are a number of things to bear in mind when choosing to hire a screen projector – the following tips will help you narrow down your search to decide which technology will meet your requirements.
What size will the room be?
Perhaps the biggest question to think about when choosing projectors is to consider the size of the space you will be projecting in:
- Large space (conference, lecture hall, auditorium): Choose a projector which is designed for wide projection on large screens in high definition
- Small space (office, exhibition stand, seminar): Choose a short throw projector which can shoot onto a wall or small screen and is mobile and easy to move
Depending on the space you’ll be presenting in, it might also be worth selecting an audio system rental designed to reach your entire audience and ensure an amazing experience.
What mode of image display?
There are multiple ways to project images, depending on your space, the type of event, existing technology and the format your files are held in:
- ‘Modern’ full high-definition and 4k projectors: Today’s full high-definition (FHD) and 4k (Ultra HD) projectors can project in varying light conditions and display very clear images in great detail, and you can plug them directly into one of our laptops available for hire.
- Overhead projectors: These are the standard classic projectors which have been popular for decades. Efficient, easy to use and familiar, they offer a simple, ‘low-tech’ solution that just lets you plug and play.
- Carousel slide projectors: Carousel projectors are ideal to present slides – show images of projects, research trips and much more with this easy to use kit.
Other projector equipment to support your presentations
Besides the projector hire itself, it’s also important to think about other equipment that can help with your presentations:
- Lecterns: An ideal place for keeping your notes, lectern hire is the natural accompaniment when you rent a projector – or explore other kinds of kiosks and stands
- Remote presenter and laser pointers: Control your presentation wherever you’re standing on stage and highlight key points or features with a laser beam
- Portable screen: Hiring projection screens means your presentation is flexible hire a high-quality portable screen can be installed in whatever setting your company needs
Alternatives to projectors
One alternative to a projector is a TV screen. This can be a great option if space at your event is limited or you’re presenting images at an exhibition stand or working collaboratively on documents in an office environment – today’s TV screens offer great quality, crisp visuals. That said, for throwing images onto a larger wall or in front of a bigger audience, projectors definitely still win out.
If you need to rent a projector for your next event, talk to our friendly teams today to discuss your requirements. We offer projector hire in London, Surrey, Susexx and across the UK and can help you with set-up and installation wherever you’re presenting.
Our projector ranges can be used on events or conferences big or small! Depending on the size of the room, distance to the screen and the amount of ambient light, you may need a bigger more powerful projector. Our team are on hand to make any recommendations on our products.
Yes! All of our projectors have HDMI and VGA inputs to take any laptop or computers. We also have a large stock of video cable to hire!
Depending on your event, either option is great! Our projectors can create a larger screen for more audience members to view.