Warehouse Audio & Lighting Preparation Technician
Reporting Line Manager: Managing Director
· Primarily, this role involves working within the Operations Team at the company’s warehouse, in the preparation, servicing, testing, cleaning and packaging of the company’s equipment, as directed. The role also involves scheduled periods of working on-site, assisting the production team in the installation, rigging and operation of the company’s projects.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
· Assist with the servicing, preparation, cleaning and packaging of the company’s rental equipment, within the company’s warehouse.
· Deal with customers and drivers visiting the company’s premises to collect or return orders and equipment.
· Assist with the maintenance and repair of full range of company’s rental stock.
· Checking-out of customer order to ensure that all items are included and delivered and operational and cleanly presented.
· Checking-in of equipment returned from hire, against paperwork. Log and report any shortages or damages.
· Keep all work areas clean, tidy and efficiently organised.
· Provide assistance to company driver on deliveries and collections where additional assistance with loading is required.
· Loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles. The role involves an element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical equipment.
· As directed, provide support to the other teams within the company, to assist in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required.
· As directed, act as driver, delivering and collecting equipment and orders in the Company’s vehicles.
· Keep all work related information confidential and acting in a professional manner at all times, in all work situations.
· Identify any areas of our operation where you believe training and additional skills may be required or benefit yourself or the business.
· Provide feedback within immediate team and to Reporting Line Manager of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified.
· Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy and all traffic laws and regulations.
· Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
On- Site duties and involvement:
· As scheduled, act as technical crew on-site, on a range of events and productions. Duties will include loading equipment into /out of a venue, installation and operation of equipment and to assist technical crew on-site in the installation and rigging of technical systems, as required.
· As scheduled, assist with equipment show-prep stage of a project within company’s warehouse facilities.
· As required, provide assistance in the completion of pre-production tasks on specific projects.
Representing the Company:
· This role involves dealing with customers of the company. It is vital that you deal courteously with customers and the public at all times and represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
· Maintain a good level of personal appearance, dress and cleanliness.
· A generally cheerful demeanour, engaging personality and sense of humour would be a huge advantage in making a success of this role.
Skills & Qualities Required:
· Good communications / interpersonal skills. Fluent speaker of English language. This role includes being a “public face” of the company, to the customer. Ability to represent the company and its reputation in an impeccable manner.
· A true and demonstrable interest in technical aspects of the production industry and lighting / rigging / audio & video equipment and systems.
· Flexible and adaptable. Able to respond to short-notice changes in working hours and schedules.
· Practical ability in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
· Electrical and electronics knowledge an advantage.
· Full UK Driving Licence, to include categories B (cars and vehicles up to 3500kg).
· Clean driving licence preferred. Maximum of 3 penalty points on licence for minor offences only.
· Own transport would be a considerable advantage.
· Passport, with ability to travel within the UK & internationally at short notice.
· Previous knowledge of audio / lighting / video / technical equipment would be an advantage.
· Basic IT knowledge with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Outlook etc.
· Numerate. Basic maths skills and arithmetic required.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
· The ability to work as a member of a team and to provide and receive input from other team members is vital.
Job Types: Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,892.00-£27,601.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, KT9 2QL: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)